My hope is that through this site, you will discover new places to visit, explore and experience. I love Minnesota, the land of over 10,000 lakes, and my most favorite part of this amazing state is the northeastern corner, along the North Shore of Lake Superior.
I have been making annual treks north every year since I was a child. I am passionate about the scenic beauty, the arts, the people and the peace that finds me whenever I am there.
I am often asked, "where should we stay?" "where should we eat?" and "where should we go once we get there?" and now I can direct everyone here!
Once you start your planning, keep in mind there are great resources for you through other sites as well:
And there are fabulous free guides, maps and brochures available to you at every Minnesota state park and several restaurants along the way.
A few of my favorite places to stay:
- Thomsonite Beach Inn - (www.thomsonite.com)
- East Bay Suites - Grand Marais - (eastbaysuites.com)
- Lutsen Resort - (lutsentresort.com)
- Chateau LeVeaux - (chateauleveaux.com)
- Best Western - Grand Marais (www.BestWestern.com/GrandMarais)
- Country Inn of Two Harbors - (countryinntwoharbors.com)
- The Suites Hotel - Duluth (thesuitesduluth.com)
Homes we have rented on the North Shore via VRBO.com and /or CascadeVacationRentals:
- The Fisherman's House - Grand Marais
- The "Glass House" - Lutsen
- Ilahee - Grand Marais
These are just a few of the places we have stayed throughout the years. There are many more, but we have had great experiences at those listed above.